Saturday, October 18, 2014

Keep Quiet

Most people and women especially love to talk and tell what they know.  This is not a good trait or something to aspire to be. No one wakes up in the morning and says, "I am going to gossip like crazy today." 

If you are trusted by even one other person on this earth, then you are trusted with their secrets, their failures, their mishaps and even their triumphs.  But those things are not 'yours' to tell.

A few years ago during a separation period in my life I had told a few people that things were rocky at home and I was worried that we would end up divorced.  Some people on the other end of that conversation said they would pray but would eventually blurt out that I was getting a divorce at a get together a few months later.  I was devastated when this happened to me.

First of all, I did not want my personal life shared with those at this person's home and it was what I consider inappropriate timing to 'share' my news at that time.  Secondly, the divorce did not happen for a couple more years, and Third, I have since stopped sharing personal information with that person.

So, in the upcoming holiday gatherings with friends and family that you may not see very often, I kindly suggest that you not share someone else's news (good or bad) and keep yourself quiet. 

If you want to be considered a good listener, you must keep quiet and be trusted with the information you have. Wouldn't you want that from someone you talk to?

Be a friend and be kind always to others.