Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Merry Heart

Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Over the past 6 weeks or so, I have been in a holding pattern with regards to a situation and I realized last week, I have been basically holding my breath over it even though I cannot control it or change it in anyway (other than Prayer).

My son sent me an update yesterday and then a silly joke from his teenage years and I whole-heartedly laughed out loud for a good little while yesterday. It was a good release and my mind very quickly went to this verse and since then I have been more relaxed about things than I have been in a while.

I am still concerned about the situation, but leave it to my son to make me laugh in the middle of something that some would consider very serious. He always did that when he was at home. He would see me crying in my room or the kitchen and come up beside me with a quote from a movie (we all loved the Ninja Turtles series in the 90s) and it would make me smile and focus on something else.

So, if you are reading this .. Thank you Brian for all you to do cheer me up!

Who can you cheer up today with a smile or a quick funny message on their phone? You never know who needs it until you share the smiles. 

If you are in danger, please call 911 -- If the abuser is out of the home, please seek help through calling your YWCA or the Hotline at 1-800-799-7233. Be Safe!