Thursday, September 11, 2014

Saying No

I don't know about you but everywhere I turn, I seem to be invited to join a team, support a cause or bring a dish to some event/cause that I may or may not be even interested in.

This makes me weary because I want to help others but at the same time I must choose to take care of my own finances and business the way I feel God wants me to.

So, in the past 6 months I have left three networking groups and one fundraising group because I simply don't have the energy or the 'want to' to be there or to be a part of the group anymore.  I refuse to hear and accept the whining and begging.

None of the causes are bad but I choose prayerfully where I spend my money and my time.

I recently was invited to be a part of a vendor event but when I read the fine print the proceeds went to a political group supporting something that I didn't exactly care for.  So I opted out and told others why I chose to not do that event.

It does matter who you spend your time and money with/for.  Do your research and trust me, It is OK to say no to potlucks, office dinners or gatherings that you are not comfortable with.  If you have a check in your spirit that has you re-thinking something, trust it and pray about it. 

There is freedom in saying no and you just might find time to go enjoy the park with your grandson in the meantime. Be at peace always and keep yourself in prayer so you know what God wants you to do.

Take care of yourself and love yourself !!  Because God Loves you!!