Sunday, July 6, 2014

What are you focused on?

In business, I often hear that we as business owners receive what we focus on. I fully believe and know from experience that when I put God and his word first every day, things don't seem to bother me as much. Do I do this everyday? No, I don't always put my faith and reading first. And sometimes I go a couple of days without reading and then I really get lost in the 'world' so to speak.

In direct sales we often ask consultants a simple question when they start the business or set new goals. The question is: "What is your why?"

Over the past 11 years, my "why" has changed dramatically. I joined my company (PartyLite) to make extra money selling their beautiful accessories and fragrant candles. I saw the income opportunity as a ticket out of my job at the time.

Just like my business goals have changed over the years, my personal goals have changed over my lifetime as well.  Rest assured I have no plans to turn this blog into a promotion for my company, I just used my business as a way to show examples of focal points and how when our focus changes, our lives to exhibit change eventually.

I believe it is always good to take a break from reality and close yourself off to reset yourself and your mindset and focus. I do this by making a vision board every six months.

What is a vision board? My definition of a vision board is simply a poster or piece of paper with pictures or words to show your goals. I have made several over the years and currently have a vision board and a prayer board on the inside of my bedroom door so I see it every morning when I leave my room. 

So, when you read this, My suggestion is for you to create a vision board. A vision board can include any of your goals (faith, business, personal, family, health, etc.).

Proverbs 16:9 A person plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps. (NIV)

As I have said before, Pray, then plan and pray some more and be sure you have peace before making decisions.

Stay safe and don't be afraid to ask for help!