Sunday, July 20, 2014

Open Minds

I remember a picture and quote from years ago that likens our minds to a parachute. The mind works best when it is open.

I am not here to change your core beliefs or to ask you to do something totally crazy or unexpected, but I am here writing to share my life experiences and hope that my mistakes and triumphs can help you see that you always have a way out of your current situation.

When your supervisor tells you that you must attend a customer service class and you have worked for the company for 18 years, do you fuss and complain about it constantly and even after the class?  Or do you go to the class without complaining, participate and trust the fact that you just took a refresher course and there is always room to learn and improve?

In a few days, I will be attending a leadership conference for my direct sales company. (If you want to know more about that part of my life, check out my facebook page or my google+ profile.) I am looking forward to learning what programs are coming and new products that we will be offering this fall to our customers.  This years conference is so different than ever before because it is completely business and leadership focused. I am excited to go and learn from the top leaders so that I can grow my business and share the information with my team.

It is not easy to lead a team of very different people. I work hard to plan a workshop every month to help them increase their sales and be more comfortable with the business. I don't always get my ideas across in the way I plan. I get frustrated because do not go as planned.

I pray a lot for my business and my team so that I can be the best leader/coach that God would have me to be.  Leading a team in direct sales is a lot like having a Girl Scout troop and I did that for 15 years. 

I pray that all of us going to Orlando this week for LITE14 will attend with a great attitude and plan to have an open mind about the new programs and products that are ahead for our company.  You truly cannot learn without an open mind.

Stay true to yourselves, do not let anyone put you down and know that no matter what God Loves you and wants to be a part of your life! Be Safe my friends!