Thursday, June 19, 2014

Trust

You might think "Trust" is an odd topic for me but please read on and let me explain.

I have chosen to trust God in all things.

I didn't always go to him first. In fact, for a long portion of of 2nd marriage, I mistakenly put my husband first in all things. I regret that completely and currently work really hard to forgive myself for that mistake in my marriage and what it cost me emotionally and how it affected my children.

These past few months I have watched from afar while my son goes through a terrible ordeal and instead of gabbing about it on social media, I went to my church, a few close friends and my family asking for their prayers for my son and my grandkids in this situation. I personally may think that TN and Colorado are very far apart but my pastor has told me time and again that our God is a mighty God and is everywhere. 

I am a fixer in my nature and wish I could fix the situation, but I know only those involved can make the decisions best for them. So I pray every minute of every day for peace, wisdom, discernment and for God to take control of the situation (every tiny decision) and with every triumph, I give God the glory for what he has protected and done so far in this situation.

I know deep down in my own soul, that God guided my steps through the end of my marriage and divorce just last summer, therefore, I know that God has this all under his ultimate control.

For the past 2-3 months at church we have been studying Ephesians 6 and focused lately on the Full Armor of God. 

So today, I leave you with Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (KJV)

Trust God and go to God First instead of griping on facebook or twitter. As the saying goes, Go to the throne instead of the phone.

If you are in immediate danger, please call 911 - For help and options for your domestic situation, please call 1-800-799-7233.