Friday, June 13, 2014

Line in the Sand

We all have goals for our kids, our jobs, and personal goals too.

There are times you have a great idea and few people to join with you in that great idea and you work your selves silly to make something happen and then it flops. You get up and try again and then it flops again. Then for me, the analyzing comes into play and I tend to over-analyze nearly everything I come in contact with.

At what point do you draw that proverbial 'line in the sand' and say "If you cross this line, we are done for good"?  I drew that line in the sand in regards to my marriage and my constant efforts to be the 'good wife' and keep the marriage together knowing full well that my spouse at the time had already checked out on our marriage and was biding his time until I had enough.  That day was May 18, 2012 when x2 moved out of our apartment in GA and left the marriage for good.  It was a day that shook me to my core but I had co-workers at Sears that got me through it and friends in TN/GA that were always there to listen and send prayers on my behalf even if they did not know specifically what was going on at the time.

I say all this today because I have complete peace today about what has happened in my past and the choices I have made thus far.

I have other things in my life right now where choices have to be made to stay or go or even to keep striving on certain goals that are wearing me down emotionally, mentally and physically these days.

Just know that choosing God and his peace ultimately will make all the difference in your decision making.  There are things I must let go of and I am trusting God to make it all clear as crystal in my decision making ahead.

Start small if you must because it takes practice and trust in your own judgement with God's guidance to walk away even from the smallest things in your life.  No decision is too small to take to God in prayer.

The Bible says, "Pray without ceasing." (1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV)

Praying for you readers and please pray for me and my family right now as well. Thank you!
If you are in a difficult domestic situation, please call the hotline 1-800-799-7233 to get assistance. There are people in place to help you!