Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Walls

A wall is a structure that defines an area, carries a load, or provides shelter or security.

Walls can keep you inside or keep you outside. They have been defined as boundaries and forms of protection for centuries.

At times in the past 8 years of my life I have allowed my own home to be my prison and depression and fear were the prison guards that held me captive.

Thankfully I have recovered from the depression but I do not believe it truly leaves you alone. I constantly fight against the negative thoughts in my head that tell me I cannot do anything worthwhile or that I am not important to anyone.

Do you know the story of Jericho?  Joshua 6:1-20 is the story of how Joshua and the Army followed God's direction and felled the walls of Jericho by walking and shouting! This is an amazing story of how when we follow God's direction, we truly can bring down walls.

In the words of my pastor, it is now the time to shout and bring down your walls and hold fast to your faith. We know what great things our God can do, we just have to trust him to do what he can do on his timetable.

Be sure and Shout at your Walls today and I pray they come down and you are safely on the other side!

If you have questions or need options for your particular situation, please call National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−7233.