Friday, April 4, 2014

Stop the Noise

A couple of weeks ago, I was very overwhelmed with life, business, work and worry was at the door knocking. I had to stop everything (yes even facebook and texting) to refocus my mind, spirit, and body on what was truly important and what was I going to fight for.  I was mentally and physically tired and my schedule had been overflowing with good things to do and busy things that I chose to do.

A friend called and asked me If I had time for coffee with her one morning and I made time for this 'coffee break' with her.  Once she arrived, I was so relieved to see a friend I could trust and be totally transparent with.  Once she got her coffee and sat down, the first words out of my mouth were, "I should warn you, I am wounded right now".  She sat there smiled and listened and encouraged me in so many ways.

She gave me a verse to look up and think on that morning and 2 weeks later, I am still studying the verse and discovering what it means to me and my journey.

Psalms 46:10 “Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
NASB


As I have mentioned before, I am a 'list-maker' so I made lists of things I spend time doing every day and searched and thought and prayed over my lists so I knew what to do next.  When you make a list with everything you occupy yourself with it is very eye-opening and you will be amazed at what you spend hours doing every week that truly accomplish nothing positive in your life or toward your goals.

I have not stopped working either my job or my business, but I have made the conscious choice that everything I do for 'work' should be as if I am working for the Lord every day and every shift. I also recall a scripture that says if a man doesn't work, then neither should he eat.

2nd Thessalonians 3:10 (KJV)
 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

I enjoy my day job and I love my fun job with my home based business. This is not the format for me to promote my business but you can read all about it if you follow me on facebook. (Yes, I am still there as well, but on a lesser scale.)

Take time for you and take a break from the noise and you will learn a LOT about yourself!

National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−7233 is always open to help you. Be safe!