Friday, April 25, 2014

Staying Thankful in Stressful Situations

Stress comes at us from every direction. You can get stressed at home, work, church and yes even while driving to and from any of those places.

When I have a lot of work to get accomplished and the computer system is down, I get frustrated and stressed out. Yes I am upset about this happening but I cannot change it by complaining or griping. This lesson in peace took me a long time to learn. 

When I get stuck in backed up traffic, I get frustrated and look for ways around the accident if possible. Usually, I have to remind myself to stay in peace and just wait it out.  Yesterday, I was nearly side-swiped by a white cargo van who was not paying attention when they were merging into traffic. Thankfully, I was able to move into the other lane to avoid this driver. Most folks will admit that driving is one of the most stressful things they do every day. I have a 45 minute commute to and from work Monday thru Friday and I am on the road a lot. Choose peace and calm and you will get through the traffic slow downs.  I am sure your family and friends would rather you get there in one piece than to rush and get into an accident and be hurt.

When money is tight and you are waiting on payday to hit your bank account, it is stressful every way you turn. That is usually when everyone is giving you a deadline and you may be tempted to lash out at someone when it is really not their fault you are upset.  Today I have a lot of things going on but I was happily surprised to be offered leftovers from a dinner so that I chose to see that as a blessing of a free lunch today when money is so very tight. Choose to see the blessings!!!!

Bottom line of all these examples is that you can complain, gripe and fuss loud as possible but your griping and complaining does not change a single thing. In fact, talking about brings attention to it and brings others around you down.  Human nature is to complain and misery really does want others around to be miserable too.  A negative person cannot stand to be around a positive person, so choose what you say and who you hang around with and you will so surprised at what you can accomplish when you choose to stay thankful and positive in light of garbage coming at you.

Staying thankful is a challenge every day and sometimes every hour, but I assure you the habit is worth forming. When you do something for 21 days straight it becomes a habit and eventually it will become the 'norm' for you.

#stress #stressful #situations #choices #thankful #habits #frustration #blessings

I hope each of you reading this have a blessed weekend and see the blessings around you. Call for help if you need it 1-800-799-7233