Monday, March 24, 2014

Waiting and Watching

I have never been a patient person. I want to see the newest products right away and I usually have mental countdowns to big events in my life going on. Over the past 2 1/2 years I have learned a lot about waiting and patience both in my life, my divorce, my job(s) and my business.

I have heard the phrase "rejoice in the hallway while you are waiting for the door to open" and this is very true. Because scripture tells us to rejoice in every little thing so that we may rejoice even more with the larger things in our lives. Our life is a journey and everyone has overcome something in their lives whether it is a bad marriage, an addiction, a long-time friendship that changed seemingly overnight and many other examples I am sure you can think of as well. We can choose to learn from every event in our lives or we can choose to complain about it for the rest of our lives.  Which do you think God would have us do?

I choose learning and study and lots of quiet time because that is when I can hear a "still, small voice".

If all you focus on is a big event coming in the summer, then how are you rejoicing in the day you have right now?  Sometimes, we have tunnel vision about our goals and this can be a good thing and a bad thing all at the same time. There is nothing wrong with goals as long as GOD is in the center of the goal and He is major point of focus. When we put a sports team, a family vacation or even a business goal ahead of our faith, we just might lose it all.

So, today while you are waiting and watching, remember to pray and thank God for everything you have because there are SO many on this Earth with a fraction of what we take for granted.

If you are in immediate danger call 911. If you need help getting out of a violent situation, call 1−800−799−7233.