Friday, March 7, 2014

Reflection

I hate looking in the mirror because I dislike the way I look. Sometimes you must force yourself to look in the mirror and see your reflection.  On the physical side, I dislike my teeth (even though I had braces, my teeth are not 100% straight), and I dislike my hair and my eyeglasses.  All of these things can be changed in some way.

I know when I take the time to take care of myself, I can make myself look pretty good and then I 'feel' like I can take on the world.  But, if I don't start every day, every trip and every business venture with asking for God's guidance and help along the way, I might as well stay home.

There are plenty of self-help books out there that will tell you stand in front of the mirror and tell your reflection 10 times a day that you are capable, wonderful, beautiful and able to do anything you set your mind to.  (I know they exist and I have a few on my bookshelf right now). Yes, It seems very silly at first to be talking to your reflection but I have to say that these self-affirmations do make you feel better and when you say something enough times your mind will start to believe it.

I have a confession to make, I am not good at everything I try to do. I have made horrible mistakes in my life and I have tons of areas in my faith that I must work on daily to be a better servant in the Kingdom of God. I don't always say the right thing, I don't always help those who need it and I don't always pray when I should.

I do have a list of things I have accomplished in my 43 years on this little planet and these things are accomplishments I am pretty proud of. I reflect on them when I feel like a failure or when I get scared of a big leap happening in my business and my life in general. I know without a shadow of a doubt to trust God's timing in everything and can tell you today that I know God has a plan that I cannot ever imagine. I trust God's plan because he knows everything and I know very little. 

So, the next time you look in a mirror - Smile at yourself and remember that God created you for a purpose and since you are still here breathing and living, why not ask God to show you his perfect purpose for you and to guide you to it?  You are Precious and You are Loved and You are wonderfully made.

Take heart and help those around you every day in some way. If you are in immediate danger, Please call 911 and if you need assistance or to find a shelter, please call 1−800−799−7233