Monday, February 10, 2014

Freedom

I wrote this poem today at the end of my workday. I am trying to put into words how I feel about holidays and Valentine's in general. It is raw, but it is me. 

Freedom is a state of mind for me this Valentine's week.
I am free from anyone making choices that I must accept.
I am free from anyone controlling where I go or who I speak to.
I am free to say or do whatever I please.

My choices may not be your choices and that is ok. Do not waste your time trying to correct me but instead love me where I am on my journey.  For I have not reached my destination but I have come a long way from where I started on July 23, 2012.

Cheer me on and pray for me to make the right decisions. I need all the positive Godly women in my life to surround me and hold me up.  I am not strong but I am a fighter.

I refuse to give up because if I give up then he wins and I will never allow either of them to win over me ever again.

Maryann Walker 2-10-2014