Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Contentment - It is possible!

Are you content ?
I mean when the day is over and you are home from work and can sit down and breathe for a few minutes, are you truly deep down able to say you are content?

I was so discontent for so many years that I didn't know any other way to be.  I used to spend every week looking forward to Friday so I wouldn't have to leave the house. I used to count down to everything ahead of me so often that I never sat and just relaxed and enjoyed a day for what it was.

Looking back, I realize how many beautiful sunsets I missed out on by constantly looking ahead instead of sitting on the porch and simply looking up.

When I left for my trip to Colorado last December, I was so excited to see my son and his family. I was also very excited to see the mountains of Colorado and Utah on this 8 day vacation as well.  With all the driving we did, I spent most of it looking up at the mountains and landscape along the way.

I was so very thankful to be there for Christmas and now that I am back to the routine of life here in Tennessee, I try to take lots of pictures of the clouds and scenery when I can. The sight of nature calms me and reminds me there is a God in heaven who loves us and is always there for us whether we can see it or not.  I choose to see God in every creation and every sunset.

So Tonight, I pray you find a way to be content and find something to be thankful for every day. Here are a few pictures I took on my trip out west for you to enjoy too.