Friday, January 3, 2014

Celebrate your Success!

Today as I reflect on my 11th Anniversary in Direct Sales with PartyLite, I want to encourage you to celebrate your successes as well.  In an earlier post, I suggested writing a victory journal going all the way back to your elementary school days.  This victory journal will help you to reflect on all you truly have accomplished.

Awards earned, graduations, learning something new (in or outside of a school-setting) are all accomplishments.  My list includes graduations, honors earned both in high school and college and the organizations I joined and the positions I held while I was working with those groups.  My list also includes marriages, births, jobs and even my divorces. 

Someone told me one time that her parents taught her that everything is an opportunity and that kept her in such a positive state of mind that I was amazed at that statement. So I borrowed her thought process eventually and now do my best to look at things in a positive light and wonder exactly what will come of every event and opportunity ahead of me.  My life is not a 'Pollyanna' state of mind by any means, but I definitely feel better about my current situations than I would if I looked at everything through eyes of doom & gloom.

Please find something in every day and every circumstance to celebrate. If you struggle to see life in this viewpoint, I encourage you to practice it every day and statistically within 21 days the practice will become a habit. Pray about every decision and celebrate every day you have with those you love and hold dear.

I pray you take care of yourself and ask for help if you need it. You do not have to settle for just anything!
If you are in immediate danger, please call 911 for help.  For a 24-hour National Domestic Violence Hotline, call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).