Monday, December 23, 2013

Thankful to be Alive PERIOD.

Yesterday while driving through Vail Pass (outside of Vail, Colorado), we had a car accident and the car took some major body damage but all of the passengers are safe and without a scratch.

Yes, I was scared when the wreck occurred but once we landed in a small snowbank, and all of us were accounted for, I was overcome with tears and so thankful to be alive.  My daughter in law cried and blamed herself for the accident and we had to deal with police and tow trucks and insurance and get a place to stay until the adjuster gets here.  But all in all, we are all thankful to be alive.

I am not making light of the situation in anyway but my mind constantly returns to the simple fact that we could have flipped over the concrete separator and died on that mountain.

24 years ago tonight at approximately 11:15 p.m. will be the anniversary of my very first car wreck in nasty snowy weather.  I am having flashbacks like you would not believe and haven't been able to sleep more than 2 hours at a time.

So please for me, take a moment and hug your loved ones and even that one in the room that drives you nuts at times. Because, admit it, you DO love them and would miss them horribly if something happened to them.

Be thankful, take care of each other and pray for each other! No one is alone if we are praying for them!