Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Seasons

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 King James Version (KJV)

 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

There have been songs written that convey this message but I prefer to go directly to the Book of Ecclesiastes to read it myself.  This passage of scripture gave me so much peace while I was waiting on the right job, the right time to move, and the timing for when I filed for divorce earlier this year.  I knew deep down in my soul that I was better off single but I had to get to a point where I wanted the marriage over and done with so that I was sure of my decision. I had most people I knew praying for me to make the right decision and thankfully most of those people are still standing with me in my corner!

Timing is everything. From sports, to job interviews and even doctor appointments.  When we look at things on earth and see that they 'seemingly' just fell in our lap or came very easy to us, do you realize that the Almighty God was working on your behalf for months and maybe even years to make that job open to you? Well, it is true.

I continue to encourage you to pray about your decisions for your life, your safety and your family. Reach out to others who can help you even if it is just asking for time to hang out at their house at their kitchen table to hash things out. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes on a situation will show you things you never saw clearly.  Trust me on this.  

I pray for your safety and wise decisions in the coming days. Be aware, you are an adult and you can leave any gathering when you choose. You do not have to stay there if the situation is uncomfortable. This is why for years, I drove myself to gatherings - so that I had a quick getaway. 

If you are in immediate danger, please call 911 for help.  For a 24-hour National Domestic Violence Hotline, call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).