Friday, December 13, 2013

Do the Right Thing! #ethics

Over my lifetime, I have been faced with many choices. I could have lied to stay out of trouble at my job, I could have cheated on an exam, and I could have taken money out of the register to feed my children.  I did not always make the right choice, but at the end of the day I can sleep soundly because my conscience is not keeping me up all night. 

When I was an Admin Assistant we would often have a seminar in April around Secretary's Day.  Every 3-4 years the topic would roll around to "Making Ethical Choices" and our speaker was Nan DeMars http://www.office-ethics.com/ . I have never forgotten the lessons we learned in those seminars.  We always have choices and sometimes our bosses are not as ethical as we would like to think. 

This holds true in our marriages and relationships as well. We must strive at all times to do the right thing.  If something you are asked to do seems off or strange, ask why!  You must also be prepared for the answers too. 

At the end of our lives, we are held accountable by the Almighty God and he will know if we did the right thing even if no one else in our lives knew the whole truth.  I wish you peace in your decision making and do things that will keep you and your children safe and healthy.  Continue to pray for your decisions and do the right thing!

If you are in immediate danger, please call 911 for help.  For a 24-hour National Domestic Violence Hotline, call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).