Monday, November 25, 2013

You are Uniquely Gifted

Each of us is a unique creation of God. No two people are alike (not even twins).  Five people can observe a car accident and have 5 unique perspectives. Our experiences make us who we are and shape how we view the world.

Jeremiah 29:11  - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

God knew exactly what we would do and the choices we would make when he created us. We as a people on this Earth are but a tiny blip in eternity.  But God's plan is eternal and He has a place for all of us in His plan.

I am not a good cook and I am typically a home-body (meaning I don't usually offer to entertain or have people over to my home).  But I love looking at recipes and helping to plan and decorate for events and activities with my business and my church.  At one time I was an extremely busy Girl Scout Leader and there was rarely any weekend that I didn't have something to do with Troop 1901. We always stayed busy doing events, service projects, camping or just going on a hike at the local park. 

You have something to offer your community, I am sure of it!  I stepped out of my comfort zone a few years ago and joined a direct sales company and that business has opened up doors for me and my family that would have never been available.  You don't have to start a business to get out of the house, you can join the local women's club, a women's bible study or if you are crafty, a local sewing or craft club. 

If you have read other entries in this blog, I asked you a few weeks ago to do a victory list of things you have accomplished or are very good at.  Refer back to that list and choose to step out of your comfort zone and do something for someone else.  In this country, we have so much to be thankful for!  I lived in Central America for two years and knew people who worked for $1 an hour at the local pizza chain near the Army Base.  Those people were thankful to have what they had and they were such a blessing to me!

What can you do or share of yourself to give to others?  I know a hairdresser who works at a food pantry and helps as many people as she can. I know a college student with 6 children who volunteers at her church to help with the Children's class on Wednesday Night.  I know of an Adult Education Coordinator who is hugely active in fundraising for the Imagination Library and is always volunteering to fundraise for a cause that is close to her heart.  No matter what you do for your paycheck, you can offer something to a local organization that would welcome the extra help!

Find a way to help others and you will beat the depression while you are in service to others!

I pray blessings and protection over everyone who reads my blog. Please share it with others on facebook, twitter, google+ and through your email. Thanks!!

If you are in immediate danger, please call 911 for help.  For a 24-hour National Domestic Violence Hotline, call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).